Thursday, April 22, 2010

A True Lead-America.org Review From A High School Senior

Lead America is a Life-Changing Experience – Not a Scam or Hoax

Wow, I can’t believe I’ll be graduating from high school in just a few weeks, then it’ll be off to college this fall. University of Georgia, here I come! I’ll be majoring in Broadcast News in their journalism school. Last summer I attended the Lead America Media and Journalism career conference in New York City and absolutely LOVED it! It’s definitely NOT a scam like I’ve read some people saying online. In fact, the Lead America program made up my mind about what to do with the rest of my life. The reviews I read from students who attended in the past were so true – it really is a life-changing experience!

For me, the highlight of the Lead America media media and journalism program was the trip to NBC studios. I’ve been a Today Show junkie for years, so I was super excited to go there. The only thing that sucks is that we didn’t see Matt Lauer. I’m a huge fan and was hoping we’d at least pass him in a hallway or something. We did get to see a live filming of the CBS Early Show, though, which was interesting, especially since I really want to be a news anchor one day.

I’d never been to NYC before, so the Lead America conference was that much more exciting. We saw Times Square and the Statue of Liberty. Pictures and seeing it on TV just don’t do it justice. At first my parents were worried that it was some scam and that I’d just be partying all the time, but after they read the testimonials on lead-america.org and some of the student reviews on Facebook, they bought in. And now they’re convinced that Lead America was worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment