Monday, May 10, 2010

I Read A Review Online That Lead America Sucks, Here’s My Experience With Lead America

Lead America is No Scam – College Credits Earned and Accepted

Graduating from high school is a little scary, with all my friends going to different schools, but it’s also exciting to move on to bigger and better things. The cool thing is that another girl that I met at the Lead America media conference is also going to Georgia for journalism and we’ll hopefully get to room together. I sure will miss my best friend Laura, though. We’ve been friends since 1st grade but she’s going to another school, which sucks.

I just found out the other day that Georgia is going to accept the two college credits I earned at the Lead America journalism program! My parents were especially pleased to hear that. What a great way to start college. I wrote about my Lead America experience in my application essay and talked about it with the academic advisors I met with when I was touring the school. I had read some reviews that said admissions counselors think Lead America is just a scam, but the advisors I talked to said that they looked at it favorably, especially if students could demonstrate how it helped them. I think they were impressed with the fact that Lead America helped me be more focused than ever during my senior year. The thing that was most valuable for me is that I feel more confident in myself and my abilities as a writer and reporter. I feel like the Media & Journalism conference helped sharpen my decision making and communication skills. It was definitely a tremendous opportunity I’ll never forget. Whoever thinks Lead America is a scam either hasn’t been to one of their programs or didn’t pay attention and goofed off while they were there – there’s no other explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment